MICE (Meeting Incentives Conferences Events) -
Conferences and Conventions – the Advantages of Choosing Umbria
Known throughout the world as the green heart of Italy, Umbria is synonymous with lush vegetation, scents, sounds, colours and unspoilt nature. It is also a land that has given numerous saints to the Catholic Church, from St Benedict of Norcia to st Francis of Assisi, St Claire and St Rita of Cascia.
A walk through one of this region’s major cities is therefore a chance to savour the atmosphere of centuries of serenity and peace as well as take in the stunning monuments and art with which they are filled. In recent years the region has also developed considerably as a destination for conference tourism, frequently on an international level and in a broad range of fields from culture to history, art, politics, medicine and science.
Within easy reach of Rome but with the advantage of offering restful, chaos-free surroundings, Umbria is the perfect venue for work meetings, conventions and conferences. Its combination of quality services and beautiful scenery combine work and leisure perfectly, with the added bonus of excellent cuisine using truly genuine ingredients.
The region’s major incoming structures for this form of tourism offer all kinds of assistance, with a particular attention to detail, from the latest technology to qualified interpreters, secretariat services and all that even the most demanding international client could desire. And once the day’s study, training or work has come to an end, what could be better than allowing participants to be pampered by qualified staff in one of the wellness or fitness centres that frequently feature among the services of the region’s major hotel chains or luxury resorts?
The variety of excellent conferencing structures available in Umbria ranges from major hotel chains such as Best Western, Plaza or Holiday Inn, to charming period residences, castles or restored convents – all equipped to host events, conferences, working lunches or receptions in elegant surroundings.
• Relais San Clemente, at Bosco, near Perugia, is a conference centre that is strategically located right in the heart of Umbria, within easy reach of Assisi, Gubbio, Todi and Spoleto. With a total of 6 meeting rooms in the oldest wing of this structure, the Relais San Clemente conference centre has its own entrance and a protected parking lot with a capacity of 300 vehicles. A station of the local Perugia railway line is in the hotel grounds, enabling guests to easily reach the old town centre in a matter of minutes. Within easy reach of Florence (90 minutes by car) or Rome, the San Clemente is also just a 70-minute flight away from Milan. State of the art technology, spaciousness and a quality restaurant are just some of the excellent services on offer at the San Clemente, whose trained staff is qualified to assist in the organisation of any event.
• Best Western Golf Hotel Quattrotorri**** is Perugia’s largest conferencing facility, organised on three different levels. Level 1: reception, secretariat, VIP lounge for up to 70 guests, 700 square metre open space suitable for exhibitions, working lunches or gala dinners, 6 covered rooms with a capacity of 110 people each that can be joined to form a single room with a capacity of 800. Level 2: 250 square metre open space suitable for coffee breaks or as a meeting room for 250 people, press room and meeting room for meetings of up to 150 people, main conference hall with state of the art technology connected directly to the auditorium, interpreter cabins. Level 3: Auditorium “Vannucci” hall with a capacity of 500 seated (all armchairs fitted with writing desk), suitable for all kinds of eveents from conventions to presentations. The large stage at the far end of the auditorium can be used either as an elegant raised platform for the presidency or as a stage for plays and shows. It is possible to place the auditorium in video and audio connection with both the first and second levels of the structure, for a combined capacity of no less than 1500 places.
• Park Hotel ai Cappuccini, at Gubbio and in a converted monastery, offers an alternative to the normal conference venue. Its total 12 conference rooms have a capacity from 6 to 450 people, combining considerable character with the latest technology. Of the four main rooms, the Sala Capogrossi is the most exclusive, the Sala Tavole Eugubine for events that require a touch of individual class, the Sala Europa is the largest and the Sala Verette is generally used as a support space for the Sala Europa. The structure also possesses a series of smaller rooms suitable for workshops or smaller meetings, each with a central table, direct telephone line, air conditioning and – on request – technical equipment.
• Castello dell’Oscano - at Cenerente, this former patrician residence is immersed in the green Umbrian hills hear Perugia. Its single large meeting hall can seat up to 300 and is equipped with all the necessary technology for holding conferences or conventions.
• The Centro Congressi San Gemini, not far from Terni, is part of the estate around the Sangemini bottled springwater plant founded in 1888 by Carlo Violati. Opened in 2000, the conference centre has a large meeting hall with a capacity of 400 and equipped with sound system, multi-media support structures, control cabins with simultaneous interpreting and an adaptable tunnel that has been converted into modular, through-view spaces suitable for exhibitions. There is also a press room and a hall that functions as a reception, information point and cloakroom. The entire structure is decorated with pieces that make up a museum itinerary devoted to bottling. Located in the magnificent Parco Sangemini estate, this modern facility is a versatile venue that can cater for a broad variety of events and conventions, with indoor and outdoor spaces suitable for coffee breaks and working lunches. Nearby San Gemini offers a range of lodging options, good restaurants and leisure or sports facilities.
• Best Western Garden Hotel****, Terni, boasts several meeting rooms with a maximum capacity of 300. Particularly strong on quality details such as equipment and catering, the Best Western staff offers personalised assistance with a view to satisfying its clients’ every need.
• Palazzo del Popolo, Orvieto, opened as a conference venue in 1991 after a major and careful restoration programme that stands as an example of a modern conversion of a historic 13th century building into a state of the art conference centre. The Palazzo del Popolo can host up to 450 people in its magnificent spaces, of which the Sala dei 400 is the main hall. Beautifully frescoed, this space is particularly suited as a hall for plenary sessions, with a speaker podium, mega-screen, amplification system, video projection system, recording facilities, videoconferencing facilities, control cabin, permanent infra-red system for simultaneous interpreting and an illumination control system for screenings. On the ground floor, the Sala Expò is wired up to the Sala dei 400 through a closed circuit TV system. Measuring 220 square metres, this hall is suitable for meetings and seminars of up to 200 people, as well as exhibitions or receptions up to 300 people. The centre also has a number of other spaces suitable for meetings or work commissions, as well as a room reserved for speakers, a press office, secretariat, control room and slide centre. There is also a bar-restaurant, cloakroom service, a foyer for front office services and a registration area.
© Copyright 2001-2018